There are currently TPO jobs advertised.
Psychologist/ Counselor 1 Position base in Phnom Penh
The Transcultural Psychosocial Organization (TPO) Cambodia is a NGO providing comprehensive services in mental health since 1995. With funding supporting from the U.S. government, through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), TPO is implementing project to Promote Healing and Reconciliation for Victims of Torture of the Khmer Rouge (KR) Trauma. The project goal is to promote trauma healing for individuals and communities experienced torture during the KR time and strengthen resilience and thus enhance their capacities for peaceful conflict resolution.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy. The purpose of the position is to provide effective outreach interventions and psychological treatment:
Psychologist/Counselor (1 positions based in Phnom Penh with frequent travel to the provinces):
- Provide Psycho-education, facilitate Self-Help Group activities, provide phone and face-to-face counseling as well as Testimonial Therapy to the project’s beneficiaries;
- Provide counseling to clients of TPO’s Treatment Centre in close cooperation with TPO’s Clinic Manager;
- Manage the case files of clients;
- Assist in the development of psychological assessments and counseling protocols and other necessary clinical forms for the project;
- Participate in internal and external capacity building and supervision;
- Assist in providing training to the project’s beneficiaries.
- University degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field
- At least 3 years working experience in providing psychosocial services
- Knowledge in clinical psychology and trauma therapy
- Good spoken and written English
- Knowledge in peace building and Cambodia’s transitional justice process would be an added plus.
The position requires good computer skills in Word, Excel and Power-Point, good communication skills and team work approach, a strong commitment to client’s needs and to personal development!
TPO will require all employees to comply all organizational policies including child protection policy.
TPO staff receives competitive salaries and fringe benefits. If your qualifications, experience and skills fit the above requirements and you would like to apply for the position, please: Download the APPLICATION FORM below.
Submit the Application Form, Cover Letter and detailed CV by 5.00 pm on 28th of August 2017 to: email@example.com. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. For more information, contact us: +855 (0)23 63 66 992 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Application form: tpo-ph-new
Volunteer at TPO jobs advertised.
All TPO staff are Cambodian. TPO Cambodia does not take in short-term volunteers on a walk-in basis and does not recruit volunteers, whether skilled or unskilled. We do occasionally host long-term foreign advisors and skilled volunteers who are placed with us through recognized international development agencies, and in accordance with those agencies’ and our own development priorities and strategies. They are recruited directly by these agencies. If you are interested in such a long-term capacity-building commitment, please keep an eye out for job advertisements from these agencies and apply directly with them. From time to time, we do have opportunities for Cambodian students in the relevant fields to gain some work experience with us. These opportunities are advertised on campus and this website.