Advanced Counseling Skills
A four-day comprehensive training program in advanced counseling for anyone providing emotional support to others in their work or caring for those with mental health problems. This course builds on existing counseling skills and is ideal for those interested in ongoing professional development.
What is this course about?
- introduction to mental health, mental health problems and their causes and effects as a basis for effective counseling
- introduction to professional counseling
- the concept of self-disclosure and its role in building relationship and personal growth
- the Johari Window as a tool to learn about the complete self
- the concept of empathhy and the ability to listen to and understand both the started and implied feeling to the client, the sources of those feeling and ways to respond to them
- skills needed for advanced counseling
- ethics in counseling:confidentiality, boundaries, do no harm and conflict of interest
- person-centered counseling
- the structure and 5 phases of a counseling session
Duration: 4 days
Dates: check our Training Calendar
Venue: TPO’s Training Room at the TPO office, Phnom Penh Thmey.
Group size: 17 participants maximum.
Cost: 200 USD per person (including all material, refreshments & lunch).
A 10% discount applies to organizations enrolling a minimum of 4 people.
Certification: can be provided to those who complete all requirements.
Enrolment: download and fill out the Training Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more info?
Please contact TPO’s Training unit on 023 63 66 993 or 095 666 827
Mr ROS Saray Endeth
Ms. Sok Phaneth